Saturday, April 30, 2016

VENTING ON TRUMP

I don't have a Facebook account. I did but it got where I was spending 4 and five hours a day on FB and noway would I do that. I think FB can be good for keeping up and for those who have some discipline. I don't happen to be one of them. Plus, my joke, relatively speaking, "I have all the friends I want." 

My Trump dilemma is how to handle my friends who support Trump. This is no small matter. My friends mean a great deal to me (we are not talking FaceBook type friends. I am always suspicious of FB and its algorithms
' intrusive nature). Please! 

I am hard pressed to see how even the most hardcore Republican could vote for Trump and especially my friends. He has insulted every ethnic group possible, lies and the press doesn't call him out. 

I really could care less about Trump but am amazed at Americans who would vote for him or who have gotten him this far. Dang crazy. I think David Brooks of the "NY Times" is right. People will agree with you when you say he is a bigot, lies, male chauvinist, "trailer trash" but they somehow ignore--"Well, he does make these outrageous statements but he's our man." Trump, in getting this far, is a hate monger, plain and simple. 

I don't particularly like Hillary and think she and Bill have had their chance and certainly they are ethically challenged, bordering on criminality but there is no doubt that she is capable. She's been Sec of State for God's sake. 

But, we are in for the Republican hate machine getting cranked up--as much as they might dislike Trump, they hate Hillary more. Here is a mystery to me. Do these people who are crying that they have been left behind really believe that a sorry asshole like Trump, flying around with his TRUMP emblazoned on his private plane, can actually identify with them. If they do, they are dumber than I thought. 

I am pivoting to BASEBALL. We would truly be much better off with BASEBALL as our passion and less attention given to Trump, a mere blip on our radar screen. 

No comments: