Saturday, April 16, 2016

HooAhhhhhh for the Pope

WONDERFUL GESTURE

"Pope takes 12 Muslims, six kids back to Rome." Lucky kids/families. Also, way to go, Bernie Sanders, in meeting the Pope. Some may say, just grandstanding but I say to the critics, "f..k you very much." I choose to believe that the "Pope" is following St Augustine's edict. "Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special attention to those who, by accidents of time, or place, or circumstance, are brought into closer connection with you." 

What the Pope could have done is say, “because I can't help all, I can't help any.” He didn't and I choose to thank Augustine for the Pope's wonderful gesture. To me, it's the way that all of us, who are generous and care, should deal with life as we meet those in need. 
Amen (let it be so). 


No comments: