Thursday, April 14, 2016

DEFENDING NC

I can't. NC is under the negative light these days. The Repubs are so recalcitrant, so stupid. I have always prided myself that NC was different than most of the Deep South states. They even voted for the Prez in the last election. But...

The whole bathroom thing about transgenders is maxed out dumb. Part of the issue however, unless you know this, is that Eastern NC hates Charlotte, who passed the original ordinance--transgenders can use the bathroom they want. Immediately the Republican legislature passes a law to force transgenders to use a bathroom that matches their biology. ( I might be a little uncomfortable if someone wearing a dress was taking one next to me but it ain't going to kill me). Eastern NC is not about to let Charlotte get away with anything if they help it. 

The French settled Eastern NC and I contend that's where we all got our stubborn streak. 

All things being equal, a great place to live and if my kids, well mainly the grandkids, weren't in SF, I would be out of here to NC. I think saneness will return. But, if businesses think they can threaten NC into shaping up or they'll depart the scene, my suspicion is that the respond will be "F..K you very much

No comments: