Sunday, November 02, 2014

OBITS

I read obits. I think it is a function of age. 
You look at the page. This guy was younger 
than me, etc. I was not reading the obits but 
about this article in the NY Times,  "Big Bang of  
Social Networking," kind of giving a history of 
Social Networks.   Listed was one of the 
founders of a social networking site, Diaspora. I love the name. 
Founded by four young guys; one, 
Zhotomirskiy, committed suicide. I remember
when it happened. Sad, sad. 

I often say when I try to make some sense 
of somebody doing themselves in: when they
seem so promising; when there is 
no sense to what they have done. But, the 
article merely mentioned this and, for me, 
I put it in the obit category. 

Zhotomirskiy "A charasmatic math prodigy, and competitive swing-dancing, dumpster diving, power-kiting, unicycling juggler." 

No comments: