Monday, November 24, 2014

CHUCK HEGEL

I didn't particularly like Chuck Hegel (hadn't thought much about it, really); but, he was an alright SecDef, surely better in my opinion than his predecessors. He was a Sp4 in Vietnam, (maybe a Sergeant) that is enough to give him am "atta boy" among the politics. But, it doesn't. He is receiving an "ah s..t. 

Dealing with impossible situations, who can manage world crisis. A laundry list: Iraq, Afghanistan, Isis, Syria, Ukraine--take your pick. These rumors, innuendoes about Hegel, are examples of how politics run. 

Good for Hegel, getting fired is a great badge of courage as I see it. Being fired 4 times when I was in the Army, over 29 years, was my greatest achievement. Telling someone to f..k off when I was trying to do my job mostly got me in hot water but still, I can identify. Unfortunately Hegel will go out like a gentleman where I would leave them with a f..k you very much. Then again I am not a politician. 

No comments: