Thursday, November 20, 2014

MITCH MCCONNEL

To think l that we have to put up with McConnell's smirky scowl for the foreseeable future is more that I can fathom. F..king discouraging anyway you look at it. 

A new book called "The Cynic" deals with the rise of McConnell. According to the book, he is a politician through and through as he has positioned himself always to the next election. And he has championed all those areas that we totally abhor: wrecked campaign finance reform, cozied up to the banks and Wall Street; fought against any sort of reasonable immigration. Name it, this sorry f..ker has done it. His whole life, up until now, has been geared to "NO" if it doesn't enhance his status. But, the issue to me isn't McConnell.  We know what he is, and I am being kind. But, what interests me more are those who voted for him. 

Who are these people, having seen who McConnell  is and what he has done and aspires too. So, they endorse all the bullshit. Honestly, makes me damn ashamed. I know it is politics but still...as a southern, I have always been suspicious of KY. I think as my brother Raz would say, "Kentucky is mostly a bunch of Yankees."

I think if I could wish anything for my fellow "Mericans" who care, (and not all do) we agree to disagree but let's don't be selfish. Pluralism is a great thing and a founding principle of our country even if we don't know it: those with plenty share with the less fortunate and the majority protect the rights of the minority. We are all a gaggle of immigrants who through luck and good fortunate live in this great country and have prospered. McConnell, I fear has forgotten it, never grasped it or is just a sorry MFer who doesn't care.  

No comments: