Thursday, November 13, 2014

HIDDEN AGENDAS

HIDDEN AGENDA. Throughout my military career, I often had to deal with various personalities or "turf" issues. It was always so irritating. Recently I've had two events that fall in that "hidden agenda" category. The son of one of my really good friends was killed in an auto accident. So sad. I knew the son from military days. He was a fine young troop.  After his tours in Iraq, he became a National Guard advisor. (Not totally sure of my facts but somewhere around them)
My experience with the Guard is limited but from hearing the "talk," it is pretty political, especially at the higher ranks. And, what often happens with the military; every time there is a change, the new regime wants to pitch out the old: the new one has their own agenda. It shouldn't be that way but it is. And often, it is anything but straight forward. 

In other words, the "hidden agenda." My suspicion  is that my friend's son, knowing him, wanted to make a difference and was frustrated. I think that he was a tough boss: the "powers that be" said they were reducing the budget. Hidden Agenda. The real story is they wanted to get rid of my friend's son because he was not part of the new team (if there was one) or maybe in Biblical terms, he was kicking against the "pricks." Regardless, "Hidden Agenda." 

No comments: