Wednesday, August 07, 2013

VIETNAM VETS

Hey Guys,  Check this out.  I was walking my dog the other day as a "Trucker" was pulling out from a motel.  He spotted my 101st Cap and motioned me over.  We had one of those insightful 3 minute conversations that transcended time.  I gave him a business card and he said he would be in touch.  Check out his communication.   

Enjoy  ..............  Dan

Greetings........Always nice to meet a vet wearing his Division patch. That alone says something. of your attitude....Ive met other vets who cant even remember who they served with..........When I went to Nam I always had the intent of keeping a diary and  even in my civilian life prior to going to Nam was use to carrying my trusty instamatic camera...........A few years ago I found one of the guys from my company had a website up concerning Nam and I spent about 2 years sending info and photos. Gordon,who runs the site, had also found the official duty officers log for each day.  ...........So anyway its just  an honest tour of duty account. Mostly boring and nothing they'll make a movie about but theres loads of photos. but it is honest and accurate............go to www.webewebbiers.com/vietnam/index.htm     and click on the Ed Nored story 

Dan, thanks for sending along. What an interesting chance meeting. I went into the website. He has best definition of a Vietnam vet and the war's aftermath that I've seen. It's simplicity is what is very good in my view. His comments that he knew some vets who didn't remember units, etc; I have never encountered that unless the people were bogus. When someone tells me they were in Vietnam, I ask what was your unit, your MOS and where were you? If a guy doesn't know this, he was probably not in Vietnam. I ran into some guy the other day who said he had been in Vietnam. Where were you? Oh, I was all over. OK! Hope all is well. God bless.  jda


No comments: