Tuesday, August 27, 2013

FAST TRAIN TO NOWHERE

I am listening to these prognosticators and honestly it is a crazy situation. What I can't get is "why"' in the f..k would Assad be that stupid. I think we are going to do something; I have mixed emotions. If it was my decision, what would I do. I DON'T THINK SO; I remember how euphoric I was when we went into Iraq. And, so chancy. Sadly so. I hope the president has enough experience now to be smart. He is not going to please McCain who can't be mollified. He is still angry about losing to Obama. Get over it John. And, I doubt that the President has a mandate for doing the Syria thing, regardless of what it is. Americans who care are war weary. We have seen war too much. Iraq where our reward for young dead Americans is nothing. Afghanistan, a parcel of corruption and the Taliban waiting in the wings. 

The situation is so iffy--so much confusion; sadly civilians have been gassed. There  are no clear cut answers on anything. Getting bogged down in another war is a fast train to nowhere and is unthinkable. If we have to do it, go in with a punishing attack on Assad's headquarters and air dense sites. Make it fierce with the idea that,  "do this again and your ass is grass." 

No comments: