Sunday, August 25, 2013

CLOSURE

GRIEF/CLOSURE. I have never particularly liked the word, "closure," because it implies that this is it, nothing else to be done, finished, next case. We know, of course, that grief works in different ways, for different ones. However, recently, I experienced a type of closure that was "right on." It was a celebration of our good friend's  life. She died a year ago. At that time, we had a wonderful celebration of who she was. In this case the husband had a ceremony of placing the ashes in this "see through" case. Hard to describe but it really was sweet. The unscripted casual way that we watched and celebrated who she was. When I think of ashes, I think of spreading them somewhere. This was different and I think for those present, a celebration as we've done what we can. A closure. 


No comments: