Friday, August 16, 2013

PFC Bradley Manning

To be honest, I do not know anyone at the present that I feel more sorry for than Bradley Manning. Here is a young, confused soldier who has f..ked up and been convicted of his "f..k up" and is awaiting sentence. He and all the various talking heads, pro and con, are speculating about his sentence. 

HELLO! Let me clue you in: the judge is a military judge. She follows rules and regulations. (She is an ESTJ on the Myers Briggs Type Indicatoryou can take that to the bank). The guilty verdict was assured, "Bring The Guilty Bastard In." A big mistake by his lawyers to allow him just a judge. Manning might have gotten an empathetic ear with a jury of his peers. I doubt it but it was at least a shot. He committed a crime but in a sense has already been punished: harsh treatment and solitary confinement. All along I have felt it was immoral. An aside, I often wonder, what do other soldiers think about Manning. The guards at Leavenworth prison are young Military Policemen. I doubt they go along with his treatment. I surely hope not. 

Anybody who has adult children and thinks seriously about Manning "get it." Kids make stupid decisions, do stupid things and often get up every morning and take a stupid pill. 

What will the judge give Manning? Probably 20 years plus. What should he get, a "dishonorable discharge and time served." I am f..king dreaming.



No comments: