Thursday, March 28, 2013

WE ALL DIE

Recently, I ran into someone that I'd once met when Rose and I were coming to the Infusion Center. She mentioned a mutual friend with ovarian cancer. I asked how she was doing? He said "OK" and then he followed it with this statement. "You know people routinely live ten years with cancer, once diagnosed." I thought to myself, "I don't think so." My experience is that cancer is such an insidious disease and incredibly unpredictable. Someone can seemingly be going along OK and suddenly they die. This was confirmed just yesterday. By chance, I ran into my favorite doc, an oncologist and she related a conversation she had with the husband of one of her patients who expressed some dismay, among other emotions, that his wife died so quickly once she reached a point. The doc said "no, not really once the patient is at a certain point." Yes, an insidious disease!😞





No comments: