Wednesday, March 06, 2013

AFFIRMATION

Recently a friend was telling me an experience: "So I took my children and their little friend from gymnastics out to dinner. I recognized our waiter. He was the barista at a Starbucks that we frequented. Turns out he is a student at the Seminary. He has two small boys.He then proceeds to tell me how thankful he is for Jesus. 😁😁He was a crystal meth addict and lived on the streets for 10 years. He said one day he begged Jesus to help him. He now lives on Campus at the Seminary. Maintains a 4.0 average and can't wait to have his masters so he can minister to people on the streets.

When the friend first told me she had encountered this person, I was about to comment on his relatively simplistic view of his restoration but then, thankfully, thought better of it. We have to affirm the fact that he believes his faith has saved him.

No comments: