Saturday, March 30, 2013

PROP 8

The debate over "Prop 8" in CA and the "Defense of Marriage Act" has about saturated the airways. I think we need more love and so I support "gay marriage." In some ways, that is about the extent of my interest. I am not overwhelmed one way or the other. I have to admit that I hate to see men "French" kissing but that is just me.

Throughout this debate, there have been a couple of surprises: the Catholic Archbishop of San Fran for one gave an impassioned comment for marriage being between a man and woman. It is a little surprising as San Francisco is so "gay," with political clout that I am surprised the archbishop is not a little more circumspect.

And, this started me thinking about the Catholics on the Supreme Court. They are a majority. A couple of them go to "Mass" everyday. Does being a Catholic influence them? I am sure they would say "no" but not sure that I accept that. I have been somewhat alarmed in general that for the first time in history, we have no Protestant on the Supreme Court. Nobody seems excited but me. Oh well, what the hay😳!!!!

No comments: