Sunday, January 10, 2016

TAKING THE GUILT OUT

Not much of a "foodie." I grew up on a farm and nobody had any interest in things like "presentation." Here is the chow, eat up. And, I've read/heard, we either "live to eat or eat to live." I am definitely the latter. However, recently I started following a blog called the Food Archivist. The best looking food and good explanations. Great. Anyway, kind of got me interested in one aspect. Taste. The combination of tastes. Here is a great discovery. Banana bread and olive oil. My wonderful friend who is the world's best cook, gave me banana bread. I was eating it constantly. Feeling a little guilty as I am a physical fitness nut, positively addicted to running, working out. And, staying pretty trim, I might add. 

How can I do this and eat all this great "banana bread." It really is a  psychosomatic thing. Who knows what is related. I have buds who are skinny and more or less eat everything that doesn't eat them. Then others can walk by food and the pounds pile on. 

What conclusion I came to: eat banana bread and make believe it is healthy. It is in a sense, great carbs. 

Fate, however, intervened. One day I've just cut myself a couple of mouth watering slices of banana bread. It is to die for. Suddenly my eyes rest on a bottle of olive oil. Everybody knows that olive oil is good for you. A breakthrough. Wow. Here it is. Put olive oil on the banana bread--a fabulous taste. Perfected, I soak banana bread in olive oil, put in the microwave for one minute. A wonderful combination of taste. I must let the Food Archivist know.

No comments: