Thursday, January 14, 2016

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Recently, I was at one of my favorite  coffee shops in the "white bread" town of Sausalito, California and beside me is some guy working on his laptop. Suddenly he says to me, "What do you think of Donald Trump?" Without thinking I say, "I think he's an idiot." 

The guy goes ballistic. You would think I called his Mother a "lady of the night. . 
"What is an idiot, how can you say that?" I don't feel like engaging any MFer who would give Donald Trump the time of day. I immediately say, Sorry, it really was a euphemism, just off the top of my head." He continues to babble on. I ignore him. Finally he gets the message and I depart the AO (area of operations. 

As I think about it, this is what we face during this political season. For my taste, even though on a different political team, I really like the governor of SC. Here is a comment after the Prez's State of the Union talk. "I am the proud daughter of Indian immigrants who reminded my brothers, my sister and me every day how blessed we were to live in this country."

For what it's worth, I do think Donald Trump is an idiot. 

No comments: