Tuesday, January 24, 2012

RACE

What is going on with Republicans? Really. The Republican candidates are white. Mitt Romney is the whitest of the white. He conveys a subtle message: starched shirts, pressed Jeans, etc. a Mormon, where only recently can blacks be bishops. Want America the way it use to be: white. I'm your man. Obama got in on a fluke. Most Republicans think Obama got in on a fluke. We had the financial crisis, he got in before the "Mitts" grasped it. I am not so sure Obama will be so lucky this time. There's a hatred out there that is amazing. When Southern Baptists will vote for a Mormon, a womanizer, a hardcore Catholic, there's got to be something. Race. I have been thinking about this for awhile. I don't think any of the 10 chaps are racist but I think we fail to admit that something is amiss here. The President for his part has been much more George W than I would have preferred.

I think that the tea party, the right wing types, those who want us to return to the 1950s will vote. The disenfranchised, the food stamp folks (thank you Newt), maybe the Hispanics will not vote. And, I have serious doubts if Obama will get a second time and to me, that is what should really trouble us.

No comments: