Thursday, January 19, 2012

High on Prez

Lamar, I am as high on Obama as I have been. He has veered from the courses I would go for, only because he has been stymied by the recalcitrant and self serving Congress. I think he had had to learn out to be president and consequently has done a few things that I didn't like, especially in listening to the military too much. However, as I tell my Democrat friends, where are you going to go. A poor Republican field. Romney will do anything for a vote. Crazy. Conservatives (hate these labels) will go for social issues, anti abortion, etc, while ignoring the fact that Mormonism believes that God had a wife and she is Heavenly Mother. Does that make any difference. Not really but what makes that any different than say various social issues: gay marriage. Ron Paul is a nut and should be hanging out with his grandchildren. Santorum is a hard core Catholic that the fundamentalists have embraced. What's with that: they ignore  canon law, authority of the Pope, priests who can forgive sins. Please!! Here's what I wish: we coulRd throw the whole lot of congress out, Democrats and Repubs. Our system is broken. However, we'll not do that. I have no faith in the voter. 

I do hope however that those who are disappointed with the president will not sit on the sidelines. The Repubs would dismantle those programs that serve the poor, etc. democrats have lots of problems but they represent the middle class, etc where the Repubs are Haley Barbour, pardons a couple of hundred, goes out to his old lobbying job, half mil or so, making speeches, 30-50 thou a pop. And, get Nancy Pelosi, millions on insider trading. Corruption everywhere but if voters can throw out the Repub house members who have blocked everything, get a super majority in Senate where Prez can ram through good things. Do away with tax cuts for rich, tax the 1%, etc. so, long answer to question. I am really just getting started but I'm going to give us all a break. 

No comments: