Thursday, January 12, 2012

CORPORATE VULTURE

LIVE FREE OR DIE
I use to ski in New Hampshire. In fact, I loved the area and got some crazy idea that maybe I could buy a little piece of property. On "time" since I was beyond poor. I had no money but thought maybe somebody would discover my love for the state and the type of person they'd like to have. Well, guess what? When they realized I had no money, they ran me out of town. And, now I'm really glad. Damn bunch of non thinkers and "yankees." I've been listening to the attack ads against Romney. And, here's the rub, "is it negative if it is true?" I hardly paid any attention to them but to hear views of Romney as a corporate raider made me perk up. Buying companies, firing the people and driving off with millions. It is always up for spin, of course. And, Romney, making statements like he's had a few "pink slips" in his life. We believe him: he's a multimillionaire whose father is a multimillionaire. Give me a break! Here's the thing that convinced me that Romney is, as his fellow Republican, Rick Perry, calls him, a corporate vulture and embodies everything that thinking and caring Americans should hate: Randy Johnson (not the former baseball pitcher) whose company was looted by Romney and is now out for revenge in the only way he can: following Romney around telling what Romney did to his company. Destroyed it, fired the people, and walked away with millions. 

Good luck to the guy. Do I think it will make any difference. No, not really. I don't have any faith in the American voter. It is always self interest,

No comments: