Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christian Fundamentalists

You have got to be bullshitting me. The very idea that some group of Christian fundamentalists could meet in Texas and crown someone like Santorum as their favorite, to unite behind, is about the most absurd thing I've heard in my life. If the Republicans fall for this, they are more stupid than I thought. Much less the findamentalist churches. Church going in South Carolina is a phenom. Where, in a place like San Francisco, at most you'd get people going to any kind of church, single digits. SC, some places, easily 90%. I am not blowing smoke. Amazing. But, doubt some fundamentalist organizations like Focus On the Family could dictate to these Church going people. The very idea some bigoted  group would try is a little more than interesting. It is beyond me. First of all, Santorum. The f ..ker is a Catholic.  They apparently don't know Catholic theology. First of all, I cannot imagine church people, even the fundamentalist, simply doing what some group would tell them. And, I would think that a pastor would not talk blatantly about politics from the pulpit. Most fundamentalists, at least that I know, are a pretty independent lot and would lean on the story in the Bible where the Pharasees tried to trap Jesus by asking him about the church (kingdom of God to Him). He ask for a coin. And said to his detractors, "whose picture is on this?" Caesar, of course. OK, here's the word: "render unto Caesar that which is Caesars and to God that which is Gods." Plus, how the f..k are the fundamentalists going to deal with Canon Law in the Catholic Church, i. e., authority of the Pope, Priests being able to forgive sin. What are these fundamentalist Christians thinking?  I tell you what I think: this group is a f..king bunch of modern day Pharisees.  I would be quite surprised if the good people of South Carolina couldn't see through 'em.  I can tell you this for a fact, Jesus would figuratively kick their ass.

No comments: