Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Homeless Kids

This will make you happy. Scott Pelly just announced that those two kids from his show on homeless kids who live in a truck with their dad have both been given a full scholarship to Stetson University. She is the girl who was so well spoken. Remember?  Great news!

The above is the text my wife sent me when I had lamented about these homeless kids. In essense, my thinking is that there will be much more for these kids and others like them. Americans are generous by nature has always been my contention. I, like much of America, was taken by the two kids living in a truck with their father. Good for Stetson for being on the ball like this. Plus in our news media world what great publicity for them. I notice that Scott Pelly is leaning up next to their truck with the GMC emblem. Apparently GMC, at least as far as we know, is asleep at the wheel as they are not giving this family a new truck. O,r better still, give the dad a job.

No comments: