Friday, March 18, 2016

CROOKSVILLE

Hillary Clinton shrugs off Goldman Sachs speaking fees. ... Hillary Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, combined to earn more than $153 million in paid speeches from 2001 until Hillary Clinton launched her presidential campaign last spring. 

The above is the headline. You have got to be kidding me. What a political season. From the "Donald" who incites even the white supremists to support him to Bill and Hillary who operate like we all just fell off the turnip truck. A DISCLAIMER. From the very beginning I have been a Bernie supporter. One of Bernie's thesis is simple. Financial types like Goldman Sachs don't give you a bunch of money unless they expect something from you. 

If not crooks, ethical issues right and left. We can accept an ego maniac like Trump, he does what we expect him to do; tougher to accept Bill and Hillary. 

In my very younger days, I was involved with, at that time, a really good organization: The National Speakers Association. The members could go out to any organization and speak. There were various topics. It was great training. I actually would go out to small groups, give a speech for nothing. I was not the world's most popular because my subject was ethics, most often related to the military. I had taught a few courses in various Universities, enough to qualify me to speak on various ethical subjects-- studied exhaustively in several areas. In fact

 My point here is simple. In the organization, we had a few who bordered on celebrity. They would get paid. The one I remember is an NFL referee. He made $5000 a speech. I thought that was simply amazing. Hillary made something like $240,000. Give me a break. 

No comments: