Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS. Here are some facts, loosely garnered from NPR: (National Public Radio) most people make resolutions, most try to keep them and about a third are successful One of my all time favorite persons (my niece) sent me hers. 1) get fit 2) write her book 3) work harder at her job 4) be more frugal 5)make more friends. Will she keep them? Maybe, some of them, possibly, hopefully, adinfinitum. The important thing to me is that she keeps at it. Why did she sent them to me? A kind of insurance. She knows that I'll keep bugging her about, "whether she is keeping her Resplutions or not!

A little ritual in our family is that we all get together and we review last years "Resolutions". How did we do? What are the ones for the coming year? Are they realistic?

There is a view that if you say, "I'm going to try" to keep the Resolutions, then I probably don't think I'll do it. Consequently take, "try" out of your vocabulary. "I am going to keep them. I am not even going to deal with what if I fail? There is no failure." Good luck.

No comments: