Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Brother Raz and Nixon

My brother Raz has the same birthday as Nixon (Yesterday, Jan 9) What a contrast: Nixon was a self serving, lying, petty sorry MFer. My brother started off as a 7th grade Enflish teacher, 45 years later, he retired as a school superintendent. He sent hundreds of youngsters into "Service" of humanity. Nixon also sent young men into Service but it was to Vietnam. He was elected to get us out of that sorry war. He lied. When he began his term, we had something like 9000 dead. By the time his lie played out, we had lost close to 59,000 young Americans. I don't know how the afterlife works, even though I believe in it. Maybe Nixon resigning the presidency in disgrace was enough punishment. My last thought. We need people like my brother in leadership, not the Nixons of the world. Who to choose? A Nixon who had no scruples. My brother where honesty and service marked his entire life.

No comments: