Thursday, December 27, 2012

Uganda

Like most people in America, I have been heartbroken over the tragedy in Conneticut. On trying to think about it, my Mom gave me a new view. She is a doctor who delivers babies. Two times a year, she and several other doctors go to Uganda to teach doctors the best techniques and to help in saving lives. "Youngsters die every day, she said and told me about Sarah. She was married at the age of thirteen. By fourteen, she was pregnant and had AIDs. She went into labor with her baby and when she didn't deliver her baby in three days, her family walked her to the hospital ten hours away. When she got to the hospital, her baby was dead and three hours later Sarah died. This happens every day. It does not diminish the deaths of the 20 children who died in this senseless act. It makes me realize, however, the sadness known all around the world.
FLJ

No comments: