Wednesday, December 02, 2015

CHRISTMAS BIRTHDAY

One of the great things about growing older is that you get a chance to be a little more outrageous. Example, yesterday at the Post Office, I was behind this very pregnant female. She says to me, "go ahead, I am not ready." 
"Are you sure? I have nowhere to go." She says, very happy that she is getting this done. (Mailing her packages) 

I am silent, to be honest, I don't want to engage her as I have other things to do and this might take awhile (if we start talking). I don't know her but there are all kinds of questions I might asked: (1) Why is it so important that you get packages mailed? (Actually none of my business but she did start talking to me). She is pregnant, very pregnant). She says to me. (2) “My baby is being born on Christmas Day”). Now that is an opening.(3) could say, "is there a Dad or Grandpa that goes with that baby." This could have elevated a casual conversation. 
“Congratulations,” I did say. Then, without thinking I comment, “You know your baby will have to always compete with Christmas (Could have said holidays but am on a personal crusade about all this "political correct" bullshit. It is Christmas. 

She says, "yes, hadn't thought of that." Again, without thinking I say, “here is a plan, give him/her (him she says). Give him a half birthday in June or July. Make a big deal out of it. The real birthday comes at Christmas.” 

My business with post office was done. I departed after saying “good luck.” 

No comments: