Thursday, December 18, 2014

AN EVENING OUT

This is one of those stories that you "had to be there." JUST HAD TO BE THERE. My wife and I were invited to a friend's house who wanted to have a Mexican theme party. This came about because of the illness of one of the "gym rats." (term of endearment). For about a half dozen years about a half dozen of them met regularly at the gym--in addition to working out, they talked about politics, finances, trips and traveling. They shared it all. I was never apart of it nor did I want to be. 

I have an in inate problem, let's call it a flaw. I don't like to be around people whom I consider "route step." I will not elaborate. But, here is the story. We are invited to this party with the Mexican theme. Wear something, related to the theme, as our bud, who is ill, normally would be in Mexico. Thus the theme. He is ill and can't make his trip. Provide a little of Mexico here. 

We have nothing. Our neighbor who is Hispanic brings a picture. Gorgeous, picture of sexy couple tangoing. As close as we can get. Reminds me of Al Pichino in the movie, "Scent of a Woman" and the tango of the movie. 

I haul the picture out of our pad, in the rain, to the car and then across the GG Bridge.  Still in the rain up to their apartment. We walk in with this picture. It is "HO hum." I place the large, heavy picture in a stragtegic spot. We have dinner, chat, the evening ends. I get the picture, haul it back to the car, across the GG Bridge to our apartment, lug it inside. See what I mean. You had to be there. Sigh. LOL. 

No comments: