Saturday, September 28, 2013

BASEBALL⚾

 I performed her first wedding. It lasted a couple of years. She was married to this asshole doctor who was abusive. A few years later she met this great guy, Nick. And married him. I performed that wedding. She died of breast cancer lady year. 

Here is my blog post. 
Baseball is a metaphor on life. It is a game of great strategy. I just bet I'm not the first to echo that. Recently I watched Mariana Rivera, play his last game. He is loved, honored and respected by everybody. Pretty impressive. He said something that really resonated when asked why all fans love him--"they do" he said,  "because I respect the game." 

For my team, the San Francisco Giants, I always think of my friend Sharon who loved baseball. All teams. She knew the names, standings. She could talk baseball. Her Dad and Sharon started going to games early. In those days it was the Orioles, I think, as they lived in PA. 

But, it was all of baseball she loved, the strategy, the comings and goings. In later years, she embraced the Giants and to a slightly less degree the Oakland Athletics. I would love to talk with her about what happened to the Giants this year. She would probably say, "What worked last year didn't work this year. But, it's baseball. Wait to next year." Sharon, like Mariano Riviera, "respected the game."   
⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾

No comments: