Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9-11

On the morning of 9-11, my daughter called and said, "Dad, are you watching TV?" And, like most Americans, my world changed and thus began a marathon, glued to the TV. 

My view  then and now are that 9-11 changed all "Mericans"--and anybody who had anything to do with us. Since then, I think we've gone way overboard in just about everything. 9-11 became the excuse for outfits like the NSA, FBI, etc. to be where we are today. The flip side of the coin is that we are doing about as well as we can. We are not going to stop terrorism. Think Boston Marathon. And, in a sense, we have to say, "what the hell" and do the best we can. God bless "Merica." ( this is the NASCAR pronunciation). Is anything in "Merica more Merica than NASCAR. I don't think so. 

I also salute my older friend, Victoria, who took a final PCS (permanent change of station) about three years ago. Tomorrow is her birthday, 9-11. Victoria was a WAC (Woman's Army Corp) in WW ll, her dad was in WW l, her brother Fred was a pilot and killed in the War. Victoria was the personification of patriotism. God bless Victoria's Memory and God bless "Merica."


No comments: