Thursday, October 13, 2011

RACISM REVISTED

Yeah, I think racial. I don't think the ten chaps are so much racial as in denial. Because I talk to my brothers regularly, who are educated, successful. Three of them have this unbelievable hatred of the president. There is simply no explanation other than racism. Most southerners are chafing under the idea that they have a black man in the White House. When LBJ and group passed the cilvil rights bill and voting rights bill, he said the Democrats had lost the South for ten years. He was wrong, lost maybe forever. Well, when kids get to be adults, maybe as they've had integration, etc. 

If I were a Republican, I would be ashamed that the party put self interest ahead of country. One goal, defeat Obama. If you do that, what have you gained? No jobs bill, etc. With 9 million out of work, let republicans offer something themselves. Democrats unlike the obstructionists, they would pass something. I am a Democrat but rather more of an Independent. I put the good of the country as paramount. I think because of the Republicans in Congress, our system is broken and this should concern us all. 

No comments: