Friday, March 19, 2010

A BROTHER REMEMBERS A BROTHER


When Danny finished high school and left for the army, we were still paddling pirouges in the bayou. Danny and I helped my daddy make a living, fishing, hunting and trapping. We were poor and didn't even know it. We all knew how to work hard.
My life paths has took me to places I didn't know I would ever be at. I went to work for the Desoto Parish Tax Assessor about 26 years ago. When he retired, I was elected, and have never had an opponent since. The Lord has richly blessed me.
Retirement is coming up in the next year or so.

About 3-4 years ago, I started trying to find out what happened to Danny. It probably took that long before I could even talk about it. Until then, all I knew was that he was in the 101st airborne. Didn't know what unit he was in. I have found several men that did remember Danny. One of them was injured the same day, with AK47 fire to his shoulder that left him permanently disabled.
Brother, Steven

No comments: