Sunday, January 06, 2008

Mystery of Hillary, etc

I think we need to give a woman a shot at running the country. What I don't understand about the "Bill" issue is that he is looking better everyday compared to George W. With all his shortcomings, we can't deny the fact that he left office with no war and a huge fiscal surplus.

Hillary is qualified, more than most, to run the country. The fact that many don't like her is beside the point. As a Democrat, George W's like ability in the beginning was enormous and look where that's got us. I've had this debate over and over with my wife, also a Democrat. I am simply amazed that Hillary does not get most women's support. And, what does "liking her" have to do with her ability to be president.

The best candidate was Joe Biden, I think, and he couldn't get any traction at all. Even the casual observer ought to be able to see what happens: the media announces the front runners and, like sheep, the voter buys into it and the process is off to the races. If I were Biden I would give them the one finger salute and next case. I use to have this blog, "Most Americans Are Stupid." I did away with it after the last election when the Democrats went in. Mistakenly, I thought they would do what we elected them to do: mainly end the war. And, of course, they have caved in about every way. Oh well...

No comments: