Tuesday, February 16, 2016

POLITICS

Furman University is s small college on the outskirts of Greenville, South Carolina. I graduated from it almost by accident. I had never heard of the school, never even visited before I went. Not exactly a good example. I was a "walk on" football player till I failed out. 

 It only took me five or six years to graduate. I met my wife there. Over the years the school has developed almost as a resort. Gorgeous campus is not even close. Academics are important
and they have been called the Harvard of the South. My thinking is that it should be the other way around. Harvard is the Furman of the North. 

Conventionality had not been their strongpoint. They were tied to the Baptists but finally departed ways when the Baptists embraced fundamentalism. Consequently, I don't expect they would embrace the Republicans. If they do, I will get worried about this election. 

No comments: