Tuesday, February 09, 2016

NEW PLAN

Yesterday, I went to lunch with a couple of my old military buddies and a former commander who once fired me. I deserved it and great to see him and tell him thanks for putting up with my shenanigans. During the conversation, he mentioned that he had recently seen friends and was appalled at their lack of tolerance in terms of politics. I think the devisiveness in the country is simply so great that to overcome, we have to come up with another plan. I first heard it from a Repub type, Walt Rostow. He was talking politics: in order for a politician to be successful, he/she must get 60% of the people for him. 25% will be against everything and 15% are out to lunch. I think his figures have to be adjusted. Let's apply to general public. Maybe 40% favorable, 35% against everything, 25% out to lunch. 

Quit saying "The American people." Bullshit. My view, 40% of Americans don't give a s..t one way or another. This isn't negative, this is reality. Let's quit lamenting this great lack of interest and zero in on those who want to do something--quit this bullshit of thinking all Americans care when they don't. 

No comments: