Saturday, September 26, 2015

For the record I like the Pope.


Why are you not enamored of the pope?

Actually, I am. I think he is what our world needs right now - do the right thing, care for the poor and hungry, eliminate pain. 

Just for the record, I think the Pope is super duper paratrooper; but I always have trouble with the Catholic Church's theology. That the Pope or priests can forgive sins. Only God can do that. That the Pope is really Jesus on earth (he is really Jesus acting but he isn't Jesus), their stand on terminating  pregnancies. It really is the people whose lives are effected who must make that decision. And, the saddest are those who blindly go along with the anti contraceptive use like in South American countries; mostly Catholic countries where these poor people keep having babies when they can ill afford it. I do like the POPE and his symbolic choices of eating with the homeless, etc. pretty inspiring. 

Some of his closest confidants should talk to him about exercise and weight. We want to keep him around as long as possible.  

No comments: