Friday, June 19, 2015

LINGERING FIRE

 "Lingering Fire" touched me. (I love the title) Literally, the small volumn of poetry brought tears to my eyes on several pages. Some of the poetry you have to be a Vietbam vet "to get."  However, the mystery in the common GI expressions are touching to all, vet or not. 

Thank you for this great effort and although some think it is trite, not me, "thank you for your service." God bless.

AUTHOR'S COMMENTS:

My cousin, who was also drafted into the military but served in Egypt during the Vietnam War called yesterday.   He had read my book and and said he felt like he was in Vietnam even if he wasn't.  He too said he touched and was glad that I had written the book so people could understand even a little bit more.  Since coming home he has basically made himself . . . as he said it clearly . . . a hermit.   Before the military he was an outgoing vivacious young man.  He spends a lot of hours alone . . . . playing his guitar but has terrible stage fright.  Is this connected? . . . who knows?



No comments: