Thursday, May 28, 2015

DO NO HARM

One of the things that make me think I want to read this book is that the Doc seems so real. I heard him interviewed on NPR (National Public Radio) by my favorite interviewer, Terry Gross.  "Real," meaning that he shares his mistakes as well as the triumphs. 

I surely have some experiences from the days when I was a big Medical Center.  On occasion, I would sometimes run across a Doc who was arrogant to the max. Surgeons especially. And, I understood it. These guys go through grueling training and when they get on the other side, they think they can leap tall buildings with a single bound and they can. Although I had some run-ins with a few, it was never personal and my respect for them is enormous still. 

One other thing that makes the book sound interesting is the comparison between systems like Great Britain and our f..Ked up one. 

No comments: