Friday, January 30, 2015

Marin Coty

This is a funny and I want to tell it now; if I don't, I'll be interrupted. I am sitting over at the Marin City Starbucks. The only place in Marin with diversity. Well, maybe Peets in San Rafael where Ray and the homeless, etc., hang out. 

Anyway, I am doing a little blogging and this guy comes up to me and I know I recognize him but can't remember his name. He is the guy who invented the world's greatest pillow and as I remember he got ticked at Larry. Larry told him that marketing his pillow was a conflict of interest. I don't remember all the details but it was something like, "what is proof that your pillow is the greasy pillow ever invente?". 
"Well it is sold by Walmart, Target or somewhere." 

"Well that doesn't mean it is best." It was kind of a heated exchange. Larry threw in a couple of MFs. 

So, he invites me to come to La Boulange group. "Thanks." He asked are we still meeting? Yes, I give him our philosophy. "We are just a bunch of old guys who get together. Anybody can come, not come, etc. we don't have a group. We talk politics, philosophy, women."

This is the kicker, he says we expelled a couple guys who were coming to La Boulange. I almost busted out laughing. How can you tell somebody they can't come to a casual group of old guys telling war stories. Funny. 

I was leaving and the guy he was sitting with was on the phone. I stopped at the table and said, come join us sometime. We have such a good a good and uproarious time--mostly we talk about  "P." He absolutely turned white, you had to be there. I doubt he will show.  LOL We should go back to La Boulange. I love the sun but they serve only foo foo food. I want to eat something that is bad for us. I know you are on the edge of your seat here. 

No comments: