Sunday, September 07, 2014

The NY Times

A good buddy of mine is always saying things like, "Don't absorb too much of "The PropagandaRag", of Hillary, aka NYT (New York Times). 

We always laugh. (I am just an ordinary reader) When I went to LIU (Long Island University) back in the dark ages, I fell in love with the "Times." Is it all the news that's fit to print?" Of course not but it is one of the truly complete newspapers left in "Merica" and I like my politics slightly to the "left"). I hate labels.  

I actually took a course on how to read the "Times." My Sociology prof, Dr. Bigliosi, taught the COURSE. He made it come alive. (He has since gone on to his great rewards and although I didn't start out to keep his memory alive, this does it for me). According to Big, You start off reading the (1)Front page. Then go to (2) Sports, then, it is what we now call, (3) Sunday Review. The rest is "personal preference," i. e., Style, Book Review, etc.--Dr Big said, "You can be an educated person by reading the Sunday Times." 





No comments: