Monday, September 08, 2014

FOOTBALL

Recently, I was in my favorite bar, SFAC (San Francisco Athletic Club). On five screens I could watch football. I was simply amazed. 

To be honest, I am pretty much turned off with big-time college football. It is simply weird to me. Here are a bunch of white people watching mostly black players. They cheer for their alma mater. Especially the Southern teams. I watched a couple of teams where almost every single player was an African American. It absolutely is a subject that nobody discusses. What is the subject really? Do we think any of these people watching say, Alabama, are going to invite the players to brunch. I doubt it. So, what is the concern? That it looks and feels like this is ancient Rome. The players are gladiators. I am having trouble framing this. Somebody help me out. I want to blog this.       

No comments: