Wednesday, September 17, 2014

BOYHOOD

Filmed over 12 years, amazing. Three hours. Noway could a movie hold my ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) for three hours. It did. Fascinating movie. Why? I guess so much of it is "true to life." The story line, actually there was no real story line, like this is a script. The characters remained the same, just aged. Every subject was played out: alcoholism, divorce, abuse, abandonment, narcissism, surly teenagers. God, man and the Universe.

I would recommend to every parent. Good scenes that show our failures but in them, in most ways we are doing the best we can. I saw lots of cultural stuff. Only in America. With most every subject, there is something to talk about. The adults, the teachers who recognize and praise. I saw my old Ag teacher in one of them. He would chew is out for our sloven work but at the same time let us know we could do more. One of the ways I judge a movie: "am I thinking and talking about it days afterwards?" Yes. Is the movie instructive as well as entertaining. YES! Check it out.  


No comments: