Thursday, January 09, 2014

Robert Gates, SECDEF

Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War’ by Robert M. Gates


I never like the former SecDef, Robert Gates. Not just because he was a Republican but he bought all the bullshit of the previous crowd in the White House, i. e., . winning in Afghanistan/Iraq. Plus, the f..ker came from Texas A and M. What the F..K. I am mostly tongue in cheek but in Nam, I met several from A and M. Maybe I didn't give them enough time but in combat you don't have it to give. This is not about A and M but about an attitude. One platoon leader I remember specifically who was a disaster. Let's call him WaLt. The f..ker wouldn't listen. One night he was suppose to move his platoon but didn't, got his ass and some of his troops blown to hell. I hope they have a memorial to him at A and M. He probably did his best but took the wrong spot to learn. 

Gates put the mad mouth on the Prez and VP. Hell, these are his views. Personly I think what he said about the president is really a compliment--The president not seeing it as his war. F..king A. Roger that. The Prez not believing in the surge. In this case I think that the President let the generals influence him way too much anyway. The biggest mistake the president made was keeping Gates. What the f..k was he thinking? I personally think it makes Gates look bad. All these guys, Gates, Chaney, Rumsfelt write books justifying their actions. I guess it's human nature. However, doesn't make them right and doesn't bring back a single American life lost in a misbegotten wars. 

No comments: