Wednesday, October 30, 2013

FIXING THE FLAWS

We have to fix the flaws in Obamacare: plain and simple. As I see it, biggest f..k up is that people can't keep their own insurance. Not sure what it all means but sure as s..t, can't depend on the healthcare industry. They would leave cancer patients on gurneys in the street. They are motivated by profits and we need to figure out a way to kick their ass. Unfortunately, most people labor under the allusion that HMOs care. Bullshit. They don't. 

An example which relates to myths on our part. I got dinged for a late payment on a credit card where I had a small balance. I have been a customer for 30 years. It was one of these computer generated things and when I finally reached customer service to raise hell, I got some youngster who didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Not his fault. He is just happy to have a job. Once I settled down, I realized how much this sort of stuff is related to the Affordable Health Care Act. You have all these people out there We have to fix the glitches. We are not talking about the Republican Obsession. And, we can't rely on that bullshit of "small percentage" of those who lose plans they like. It is fairly unAmerican to force people to do things even if it is good for us. But, then again, what the hell. We make people wear seat belts, have car insurance, etc. I say again, what the hell. 

Will this get fixed? I doubt it. I tell you what it reminds me of. NYC has something like 3000 muggings a week. In a city of 11 mil, 3000 is not much. However, if you are one of the 3000, it is a 100%. If you are one of the ones who loses your healthcare because of the AHCA, it is a 100%. 


No comments: