Friday, February 15, 2013

POPE RESIGNS

What the f..k? The Pope is resigning. The Catholic World is aghast. As a non Catholic, I am at a little more than a yawn. Really, I get accused of sometimes of being anti-Catholic. Not so. Just hostile to non thinking. With all the newsworthy items in the world, this much time on the Pope's resignation is more that a bit irritating to me. I am amazed. Something like 1.1 billion Catholics world wide. About a quartet of Americans are Catholic. You can't be serious, how about a note or two but days on this, etc. Give me a break.

For starters, the Catholics have invented an entire theological system. Really, this isn't religion 101 but merely pointing out the absurdity, from my perspective, that makes the concept of a Pope, a Jesus on earth, such bullshit. Where is the authority for these claims.

This is a loose commentary but the Bible says to the disciple Peter, "Upon you will I built my church." From that the Catholic Church claims that Peter was the 1st Pope.

Hell, they have their own country. Jesus didn't say, "Let's get us a Pope." Amazing, all the teachings that the Catholics lay claim to. This one really ticks me off: "that Priests can forgive sins." The theology for establishing their church are teachings that really have no real basis in fact, like the Christian Bible.

Listening to various news accounts of the Pope's resignation, plus commentary from educated people, I am simply amazed that we are so gullible with a church that exists on such shaky ground. As a parting shot--When we look at the Catholics in the world and their social positions, defined by the Pope and swallowrd by the masses of Catholics, the Church is like the extreme right wing of Republicans that would take us back to the Middle ages.

No comments: