Friday, September 14, 2012

DEATH

Death is an equal opportunity player. Everybody dies. I am often so very sad when I watch the news and routinely see death and dying in places like Syria. Mostly, the results of the foibles of man, i. e., politics. F..king intolerable but nothing we can do about it. And, of course, death also has to do with  personal loss. Let's face it, we are all touched by death in one way or another. For instance, my older brother recently died. He was the greatest guy and was always there for myself and three brothers. What should have been a comforting time became a family drama. Because we were close, he told me exactly what he wanted in death. Simple things mostly. His family chose to ignore his wishes. Not earth shattering but everyday things that could have easily been followed. What is so f..king upsetting is that we all knew exactly what my brother wanted. Consequently, in my view, not following his wishes dishonored his memory. I would like to make a fuss but it would serve no purpose.

No comments: