Saturday, September 24, 2011

DOING THE RIGHT THING

Politics by it's very nature is at best  compromise and at worst, corruptive. Most of us Americans who "think" and have a smidged of faith in the process keep hoping that we'll see something truly unusual in the President. I remain a supporter as I think as politicians go, he has "given at the office," meaning really tried to be the president of all the people. However, governing is different than campaigning and in his case even though supportive, I see politics and re-election intruding more and more.

What I want is to see the President "rising above it all. Doing the right thing." To hell with his advisors, the political process, his own conciliatory nature and simply as my dad would say, "do what's right."

I think the Palestinian statehood at the UN may be one of those times where the President has a chance to do the right thing and f..k the politics. As a country, we are always going to support and defend Israel. To my Dad, it was a Biblical thing. Very complicated that he couldn't explain but would roughly say, "don't f..k with the Jews or God will get you." But, let's face it everybody needs a home and a country. Come on! What in the f..k is the big deal other than politics. Politicians can explain why Palestine can't be a country but it doesn't really hold water. It may even sound naive but what real difference would it make? None in the big picture from my perspective as I don't know s..t but I do know what it means to "do the right thing."

I don't even know who the hell the Jewish lobby is but obviously they wield lots of influence--however, this might be a case where the President "rolls the dice" and says, "I'm doing the right thing, f..k you very much."   

No comments: