Sunday, May 01, 2011

EGOMANIAC

Donald Trump is, by any sane person's  definition, an egomaniac. The very idea that anybody would give someone with his hair, the time of day, much less, credibility is "over the moon" to me. He absolutely should be a joke to people. And yet, according to the media who is totally at fault for creating someone like Trump, he and his hair are near the top in polls for the Republicans.

And, he has done it based on trumpeting a fuss about a non issue, the President's birth place, settled long ago. What it proves to me is something I get and don't know why others are so f..king dense about it: the media can't figure out s..t: they are never interested in the truth, only a story. Why in the f..k can't we get that!! To them Trump is a story where you he is s "f..king" joke. And, it irritates the hell out of me to watch some of these "talking heads" (I'm thinking one from the Washington Post on the PBS Newshour the other night) talk about Trump as though he were important. They never say,  "think about it, an idiot, egomaniac Donald Trump with the worst hair on the planet proclaims himself the Republican frontrunner. How stupid!

I sound like I think he's important. I only mention the asshole so I can graphically frame what I really think.

And, I might add there will be those in the country who will believe a fraud like Trump, his idea of how he has forced an issue of the President's birth or now how he is onto, "should the President have been allowed to go to prestigious schools". For Trump, any disparaging issue in a storm and there will be those who believe his bullshit because they want to believe.

Reminds me of a good war story. When I was young and stationed with the military in Germany in the old days, I got a frantic called from a commander who said a rape had occurred between a soldier's wife and a soldier other than the husband. It was a missle unit and fairly isolated. The young soldier's wife lived on the economy (a little German village) as we called it. I immediately went to the site and questioned the wife. The conversation went something like this, "Mrs. Phillips (not the real name), I am so sorry. What happened?"
"Well, our friend came over while my husband was working. We had some wine and began dancing and then we had sex."
"What! You mean you agreed and there was no rape?"
"Of course not. I told my husband what happened."
I went to the husband and said, Phillips, it was not rape but consensual." He would not believe me. "No, it was rape, I don't care what anybody says."  SO, THERE YOU HAVE IT. "Don't confuse me with facts, I have my mind made up." These Americans (who can believe anything they want) will believe Donald Trump and his hair because they like being stupid.

No comments: