Sunday, February 17, 2008

INSULTING AN AMERICAN HERO

Can you imagine this? A convicted drug user puts the bad mouth on an authenic war hero and 13.5 million people apparently agree with him. I am amazed. Yes, we are talking loudmouth Rush Limbaugh putting the bad mouth on John McCain because he isn't conservative enough.

This has to be one of those "only in America" things. This is scary. It is scary for America. Most of us know that talk radio thrives on shouting half truths about various issues. And, they usually get enough non thinkers to listen. But, 13.5 million? I don't know anybody who would admit, at least to me, that they listened to the egotistical and self centered blowhard. A couple of times when I have been listening to him way back when, I was amazed that people would call into his show to be insulted. This was before I realize that it is part of the shtick for guys like Limbaugh, Michael Salvage and even those like Judge Judy or Dr. Laura--do they go for insult training somewhere.

But, I will have to say that Limbaugh is beyond the pale. I wouldn't vote for John McCain because of his Iraq views but he is a bona fide American hero. Rush Limbaugh only exists because of our great country and it has been heroes like McCain who have made it possible for those like Limbaugh to spout off such insults.

The guy says to his listeners, "Folks, can we agree, just between us, has it not been brilliant how strategically I have inserted myself in this campaigh?" Meaning insulting McCain. He is so arrogant that he says, "People listen to the program just to drink as his rantings trough." And, there are 13.5 million people who listen to Limbaugh, carried on 600 stations and supposely has the nation's largest talk show audience. Scary. The guy's got an 18 carot gold microphone that he uses to spew his discourse to his 13.5 million minions.

Limbaugh must be living right or something. In Florida, he had his maid carrying in oxey condrin in wheelbarrows and somehow skates out of going to jail. Scary, scary. And, to top it off, the guy has a sleek G4 jet that he drives around the sky made possible by a 300 million dollar contract to shout and badmouth a hero.

If McCain were to say something like this: Rush Limbaugh is an idiot and I'm wary of the 13.5 million people who listen to him. I might even vote for him.

No comments: