Sunday, November 12, 2006

Restored Faith

I've just deleted a blog that I've been keeping for about a year called, Most Americans are Stupid. I started it one morning after one particular incident, can't remember what it was. The title sounds arrogant but the idea was that Americans kept voting for the same ones over and over: corruption, the mismanagement of the war in Iraq--any issue, it didn't seem to make any difference. The mantra of all elections are local kept sounding off. Most of my rantings fell on deft ears as I spent most of my time talking to myself but writing my frustrations out helped. Now, with the recent election, my faith is restored in the electorate. Sure, we didn't vote in great numbers, only about 40% but we "voted the bums out." Issues like the war, corruption, a total disregard for what the people wanted did make a difference. And, "No, all elections aren't local." Way to go America. HooooooooAhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

DEMOCRACY

The wonderful thing about our country, among many things, is the idea that we have an election, you win, you lose, you are happy, you are sad, makes no difference, we just go on. There's no rioting in the streets, the transfer of power is just what it is. I often say to my buddies, "we could hire one of these planes and put a sign on it that says "the prez is stupid." Nobody would blink an eye. It really, with all our problems, is what makes our country great. God bless us.

No comments: