Wednesday, November 15, 2006

POLITICS IS SO CORRUPTING


I just hope that the Democrats are smart. The people put them in and can take them out. The one guy who has become my hero is this guy from AZ called Flake, don't you just love that name. I saw him on 60 Minutes, he is the guy who has made it a point to question all these "earmarks," the pork that congressman slide into various spending bills for back home, i. e., the famous one was Alaska, the bridge to nowhere. Anyway, this guy is a Republican and won overwhelmingly. What I think is a realization is that most people had rather Congress be honest than get all this pork even if it goes to their own district. For instance, I read that in 87, Reagan vetoed a bill because it had 152 earmarks and in 05, Bush signed one with 6,371. Democrats, we will be watching.

No comments: